Secret Food Tour Chicago
Add to cart
There is no better way to explore a new city than through its food.
We are Chi-Town foodies of the first order, and we're so excited to share with you all the culinary delights this historic midwestern city has to offer. There is so much to share about Chicago: historic enclaves, stunning architecture, an extensive collection of publicly displayed civic artwork, and a culinary style steeped in history. We will discover each facet of this unique city as we eat and explore Chicago's Loop District.
By booking on our Classic Chicago Food Tour, you'll experience all the city's biggest food hits, many dishes with roots from our 150-year history of Italians settlements. This moving feast incorporates a walk through some of the city's world-renowned architecture and public art in the famed Chicago Loop District.
521 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605
You and your group will embark on a three-hour tour of Chicago's most famous and often imitated culinary creations. See and taste what sets this friendly midwestern metropolis apart from all others. All food and a professional city tour tour are all included in the price. Our passionate guide will share with you insider knowledge and secret spots only a local can provide, in one of the most beautiful and important North American cities. In addition, you'll gain valuable tips on further sightseeing in areas outside of "The Loop" that will help you make the most of your time in our city.
As with all our tours, there is a secret food, which you will only learn about on that day.
On our Secret Food Tours: Chicago, you'll get a taste of the culinary influences from the immigrants who built this city.
• We begin with one of Chicago's most iconic foods and one that sets us apart from New York: deep dish pizza. A marvel of both flavor and engineering, it's built "upside down" because it takes 45 minutes to bake.
• Next, we head to the Harold P. Washington Library. Here we begin a wide-ranging historical and architectural introduction to one of the most important U.S. cities.
• Chicago's public works of art are from some of the most renowned artists of the 20th century: including, Miro, Picasso, Calder, and Chagall. We'll pass Alexander Calder's Flamingo, as we discuss Chicago's most famous mayor and the legacy of public art he left behind.
• Then, a sweet treat beloved by Chicagoans and visitors alike.
• Next, Chicago's oldest Italian restaurant. We will have the traditional Italian beef sandwich. There are many ways to order a beef, but only one way for locals: sweet, hot, and dipped.
• Then we'll have dessert, our signature Secret Dish, with a view from the Michelin Recommended, youngest restaurant on our tour.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
• Broken English — newer local brew paired with pizza
• The Capone — strong and fun cocktail paired with a sandwich
• Hefeweizen — local brew paired with something savory
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.